Embassy of the Russian Federation in the Czech Republic
The Russian Federation embassy in Czech Republic is located in the center of Prague. The Embassy's working hours are 8.00 - 13.00 and 14.00 - 17.00 by local time.
Address of the embassy
Tel.: (+420) 233 374 100
(+420) 233 371 545
Fax: (+420) 233 377 235
The official website:
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary posted to Chechia at the Russian Federation embassy is His Excellency (H.E.) Mr. Zmeevsky Alexander Vladimirovich
During his career Mr. Zmeevsky Alexander Vladimirovich has served in various capacities, among them:
- By Decree of the President of the Russian Federation of February 19, 2016 No. 70, he was appointed Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Russian Federation to the Czech Republic.
- 2011-2016 - Special Representative of the President of the Russian Federation on international cooperation in the fight against terrorism and transnational organized crime.
- 2007-2011 - Permanent Representative of Russia to international organizations in Vienna, Austria.
- 2001-2007 - Director of the Department of New Challenges and Threats of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia.
- 2000-2001 - Ambassador at large.
- 1996-2000 - Deputy Permanent Representative of Russia to the UN in New York, USA.
- 1979-1996 - held various positions at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the USSR / Russia, the last appointment - Deputy Director of the Legal Department.
- In diplomatic work since 1979.
Higher education, in 1979 he graduated from the Moscow State Institute of Foreign Affairs of the USSR Foreign Ministry.
Pictures of the embassy
About the embassy
The Russian Federation has three other representations in the Czech Republic these include consulates in Brno, Karlovy Vary and Ostrava.