Embassy of the Republic of Turkey in the Czech Republic
The Republic of Turkey embassy in Czech Republic is located in the center of Prague. The Embassy's working hours are from 09:00 - 12:30 and 14:00 - 17:30 by local time.
Address of the embassy
Tel.: (+420) 224 311 402
Fax: (+420) 224 311 279
The official website:
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary posted to Chechia at the Republic of Turkey embassy is His Excellency (H.E.) Mr. Ahmet Necati Bigalı
During his career Mr. Ahmet Necati Bigalı has served in various capacities, among them:
- Since 2014 - Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary, Czech Republic;
- 2012 - 2014 - Ambassador, Senior Diplomatic Advisor to the Prime Minister, Member of Foreign Policy Advisory Board of the MFA;
- 2008 - 2012 - Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary, The People's Democratic Republic of Algeria;
- 2005 - 2008 - Minister Plenipotentiary, Head of Human Resources Department;
- 2004 - 2005 - Head of Department, Department for Aviation Affairs, Deputy Directorate General for Maritime and Aviation Affairs;
- 2002 - 2004 - Consul General, Turkish Consulate General in Brussels, Belgium;
- 2000 - 2002 - Counsellor and First Counsellor, Turkish Embassy in Nicosia, Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus;
- 1998 - 2000 - Acting Head of Department and Head of Department, Deputy Directorate General for International Organizations;
- 1996 - 1998 - Counsellor, Turkish Embassy in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan;
- 1993 - 1996 - First Secretary and Counsellor, Turkish Embassy in Athens, Greece
Pictures of the embassy
About the embassy
The embassy of Turkey in Prague has been serving at its present chancery, at Na Orechovce in Prague 6, since 2003.
On 11 October 1924 diplomatic relations between Turkey and the Czech Republic, then Czechoslovakia. Diplomatic relations between Turkey and Czechia continued from 1924 to 1963 at this level. The level of diplomatic relations was upgraded to the level of Ambassadorship and H.E. Mr. Cemil Vafi, who was Minister Plenipotentiary in Prague at that time, was appointed as the first Turkish Ambassador to Czechoslovakia in 1963.