Embassy of the Czech Republic in the Republic of Latvia
The Czech Republic embassy in Riga is located in the city center. The Embassy's working hours are from 8:45 to 17:15 by local time. National Day is the 28th October.
Address of the embassy
The Czech Republic embassy in Latvia is located at Elizabetes iela 29a in Riga. The Embassy's postal code is LV 1010.
Tel.: (+371) 6733 8179
Fax: (+371) 6733 8180
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary posted to Latvia at the Czech Republic embassy is His Excellency (H.E.) Mr. Miroslav Kosek.
During her career Mr. Miroslav Kosek has served in various capacities, among them:
- 2013 - 2015 - Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Ambassador of the Czech Republic in Kabul (Afghanistan);
- 2009 - 2012 - Deputy Head of Mission, Embassy of the Czech Republic, Tbilisi (Georgia);
- 2008 - 2009 -Head of the Consular Office of the Czech Republic, Podgorica (Montenegro);
- 2007 - Deputy Head of Mission, Embassy of the Czech Republic, Kinshasa (Democratic Republic of Congo);
- 2003 - 2008 - Deputy Director of the Security Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic;
- 2003 - today - Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic;
- 2001 - 2002 - Office of Government of the Czech Republic (Security Section, security analyst);
- 1998 - 2000 - Ministry of Interior of the Czech Republic (Department of the Analysis and Strategy, security analyst);
- 1992 - 1993 - High School in Pardubice (teacher: History, Geography)
Pictures of the embassy
About the embassy
The embassy Czechia in Riga runs an inclusive range of consular services to local, Czech, and international citizens in Latvia.
The Czech Embassy in Riga can help Latvian citizens through its consular services, if they:
- Need general or specific information about Czech economy, culture, sports, education and more;
- Need info regarding requirements and process of getting Czech Citizenship;
- Specific contacts and information in Czech Republic;
- Want to apply and obtain Czech Visa.