Embassy of the Denmark in the Republic of Latvia
The Denmark embassy in Riga is located in the city center. The Embassy's working hours are from 09:00 to 17:00 (Monday - Thursday) 09:00 to 16:00 (Friday) by local time. National Day is the 5th June.
Address of the embassy
The Denmark embassy in Latvia is located at Pils street 11 in Riga. The Embassy's postal code is LV 1863.
Tel.: +371 672 262 10
Fax: +371 672 292 18
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary posted to Latvia at the Denmark embassy is His Excellency (H.E.) Mr. Hans Brask.
During her career Mr. Hans Brask has served in various capacities, among them:
- 2015 - Ambassador of Denmark to Latvia;
- 2014 - 2015 Head of Department for Assistance and Contingency Planning, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Copenhagen;
- 2007 - 2014 Director, Baltic Development Forum, Copenhagen;
- 2005 - 2007 Deputy Head of Department, European Policy (EU Affairs), Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Copenhagen;
- 2001 - 2005 Head of Economic Policy Section (EU affairs), Danish Embassy, Paris;
- 1997 - 2001 Head of Section, Russia, Ukraine, Belarus and Baltic Sea Region Cooperation, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Copenhagen;
- 1996 - 1997 Advisor (EU-affairs) to the Minister of European Affairs of Latvia, Riga;
- 1995 - 1996 Advisor (EU-affairs) to the Minister of European Affairs of Estonia, Tallinn;
- 1992 - 1995 First Secretary of Embassy (Central and Eastern Europe and ExUSSR), Danish EU-Representation, Brussels;
- 1990 - 1992 Head of Section, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Copenhagen
Pictures of the embassy
About the embassy
The civil service is available with guidance and assistance in connection with applications for Danish passports, visas to Denmark, assistance in case of death, illness, accidents, assistance with money transfer for problem prisons in Latvia, etc.
Participation in foreign policy and reporting on it is an important element of our work. The political and economic department works with many partners in Latvia to create openness and common understanding on issues related to foreign policy.
Riga's trade department has close regional cooperation with Finland, Estonia and Lithuania. Our trading advisors help Danish companies with increased competitiveness, and seek to attract foreign investments to Denmark. The goal is to ensure that Denmark continues to benefit from the increased globalization.
Cultural events in Latvia are prepared in close cooperation between government organizations in Denmark and Latvia, cultural institutions and independent producers.