Embassy of the France in the Republic of Latvia
The France embassy in Riga is located in the city center. The Embassy's working hours are from 08:30 to 12:00, 13:00 to 16:30 by local time. National Day is the 6th December.
Address of the embassy
The France embassy in Latvia is located at Raina bulvaris 9 in Riga. The Embassy's postal code is LV 1050.
Tel.: +371 670 366 00
Fax: +371 670 366 15
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary posted to Latvia at the France embassy is Her Excellency (H.E.) Odile Soupison.
During her career Mrs. Odile Soupison has served in various capacities, among them:
From 2013 to 2016, she held the position of Consul General of France in Geneva.
She joined the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in 1979 and worked first in the Human Resources, Financial Control and Economic and Financial Affairs Departments.
From 1998 to 2000, seconded to the Council of State, she served in the Finance Section and the Litigation Section.
In 2001, she was in charge of the mission to the General Secretariat of the Government within the framework of the Pension Orientation Council.
In 2002, she joined the Direction des Français abroad and the Consular Administration at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and held various positions there:
- Deputy Director of Conventions (2004-2006);
- Head of the Aliens Department in France (2006-2007);
- Head of the service of the French abroad (2007-2013);
- Deputy Director of the Direction des Français Abroad and the Consular Administration (2009-2013).
Pictures of the embassy
About the embassy
French Embassy in Riga runs an inclusive range of consular services to local, French, and international citizens in Latvia.
The embassy of Frence in Riga can help Latvian citizens through its consular services, if they:
- Need basic or specific information about French economy, culture, sports, education and more
- Need info regarding requirements and process of getting French Citizenship
- Specific contacts and information in France
- Want to apply and obtain French Visa
Latvia and France are close partners both on a bilateral basis and in the world. international forums, especially within the European Union and NATO. It is for this reason that France is currently participating in the Air Force in the Baltic States for the sixth time. French planes will fly over Riga at a military parade on Independence Day on November 18, 2016.