Embassy of the Ireland in the Republic of Latvia
The Ireland embassy in Riga is located in the city center. The Embassy's working hours are from 08:30 to 17:00(Monday-Thursday) , 08:30 to 14:00(Friday) by local time. National Day is the 17th March.
Address of the embassy
The Ireland embassy in Latvia is located at Alberta iela 13 in Riga. The Embassy's postal code is LV 1010 .
Tel.: +371 670 393 70
Fax: +371 670 393 71
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary posted to Latvia at the Ireland embassy is His Excellency (H.E.) Mr. Seamus Mac Aonghusa.
Pictures of the embassy
About the embassy
The Embassy’s work includes:
- Promoting Ireland's trade and investment objectives;
- Promoting Irish culture, heritage and tradition;
- Maintaining and enhancing our links with Irish communities abroad.
The Embassy of Ireland in Latvia works closely with Enterprise Ireland and the Irish-Latvian Chamber of Commerce to promote trade, tourism and inward investment.
Since the reestablishment of diplomatic relations there has been a steady pattern of cooperation between our two countries, including State visits by the Presidents of both states.
Latvia opened a resident Embassy in Dublin in 2003, and Ireland was honoured to welcome Latvia into the European Union during our 2004 EU Presidency. In 2005 the Irish Embassy opened in Rīga. It is now situated in a historic building at 13 Alberta Street, in the heart of Rīga’s Art Nouveau district.
The Irish Embassy in Riga can help Latvian citizens through its consular services, if they:
- Need basic or specific information about Irish economy, culture, sports, education and more;
- Need info regarding requirements and process of getting Irish Citizenship;
- Specific contacts and information in Ireland
- Want to apply and obtain Irish Visa.