Embassy of the Israel in the Republic of Latvia
The Israel embassy in Riga is located in the city center. The Embassy's working hours are from 08:30 to 17:00(Monday-Thursday) , 08:30 to 14:00(Friday) by local time.
Address of the embassy
The Israel embassy in Latvia is located at Sporta iela 11, in Riga. The Embassy's postal code is LV 1013.
Tel.: +371 67 635 574
Fax: +371 676 355 55
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary posted to Latvia at the Israel embassy is Her Excellency (H.E.) Ms. Lironne Bar-Sade.
During her career Ms. Lironne Bar-Sade has served in various capacities, among them:
- Since 2012 - Department Head – International Organizations that responsible for human rights & humanitarian support.
- 2008 - 2012 - Vice Head of Mission of the Israeli Embassy to Italy.
- 2007 - 2008 - Coordinator for European Union (ENP) TAIEX & Twinning projects.
- 2006 - 2007 - Vice Head of Mission of the Israeli Embassy to Jordan.
- 2003 - 2006 - Head of Political Research Center, responsible for Economic Aspects of Foreign Policy.
- 1999 - 2003 - Counselor at the Israeli Mission to the European Union & NATO, Brussels.
- 1996 - 1999 - MASHAV (Department for International Cooperation) – Responsible for projects in S.E. Asia and North Africa.
- 1992 - 1996 - First Secretary & Cultural Attaché – Israeli Embassy to Belgium & Luxembourg.
Pictures of the embassy
About the embassy
The embassy of Israel in Riga runs an inclusive range of consular services to local, Israeli, and international citizens in Latvia.
The Israeli Embassy in Riga can help Latvian citizens through its consular services, if they:
- Need basic or specific information about Israeli economy, culture, sports, education and more;
- Need info regarding requirements and process of getting Israeli Citizenship;
- Specific contacts and information in Israel;
- Want to apply and obtain Israeli Visa.