Embassy of the Republic of Turkey in the Republic of Latvia
The Republic of Turkey embassy in Latvia is located in the center of Riga. The Embassy's working hours are from 9.30 to 18.00 by local time.
Address of the embassy
Tel.: (+371) 678 216 00
Fax: (+371) 673 203 34
The official website:
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary posted to Latvia at the Republic of Turkey embassy is Her Excellency (H.E.) Mrs. Gülsun Erkul
During his career Mrs. Gülsun Erkul Vladimirovich has served in various capacities, among them:
- 2013 - Deputy Director General of Consular Affairs– Ministry for Foreign Affairs, Ankara.
- 2010 - Head of Department of Diplomat Policies – Ministry for Foreign Affairs, Ankara.
- 2009 - 2010 - Counsellor at the Turkish Embassy in Berlin.
- 2007 - Sabbatical.
- 2005 - Head of Section at the overall board for Energy and Water issues – Ministry for Foreign Affairs, Ankara.
- 2001 - 2005 - First Secretary in the Turkish Permanent Mission to the OECD.
- 2000 - 2001 - First Secretary in the Deputy General Directorate for European Union – Ministry for Foreign Affairs, Ankara.
- 1999 - Second Secretary within the Deputy General board for Middle Europe and also the Baltics – Ministry for Foreign Affairs, Ankara.
- 1997 - 1999 - Vice Counsellor at the Turkish General Consulate in Allepo.
- 1995 - 1997 - Third Secretary at the Turkish Permanent Mission to the European Union.
- 1994 – 1995 - College of Europe – Masters Degree.
- 1992 - Candidate Carrier Diplomat at the Deputy General Directorate for European Union Survey and Promotion – Ministry for Foreign Affairs, Ankara.
Pictures of the embassy
About the embassy
The Embassy of the Republic of Turkey in Riga first opened on 29 September 2005 at its temporary premises on Blaumana iela, 5a and moved into its current premises in 2008.
Turkey recognized the independence of the Republic of Latvia in 1925 and the first Turkish Embassy accredited to all Baltic States is opened in 1929.
Following the disintegration of the previous country and declaration of independence of Republic of Latvia, diplomatic relations between Turkey and Republic of Latvia are re-established with a joint declaration in port on 3 September 1991.