Visa to United Kingdom
A United Kingdom's visa is a document that allows its holder to enter United Kingdom and reside for some time in the country.
United Kingdom has the following 15 types of visa:
- Direct airside transit visaVisitor in transit visa (for travellers partially transiting through the land)
- Marriage visitor visa (for those who wish to get married or enter a civil partnership in the country)
- Parent of a child student visa
- Permitted paid engagement visa (work visa for short-term specialists with own means of sustenance)
- Short-term study visa
- Visitor or tourist visa
- ADS visa for Chinese tourists (i.e. specialised Chinese tourist visa)
- Child student visa
- General student visa
- Work visa (with 11 visa sub-types for workers of different occupations and skill level)
- Business visa (with 4 visa sub-types)
- Spouse visa
- Parent visa
- Child visa
- Refugee visa
It must be noted that some of these visa sub-types can be included into a broader category, and they are different in the sense that they require different documents to apply for.
Depending on your chosen visa type, the processing fees may range from 35 to 2297 EUR. Please not that this may be subject to change due to individual circumstances.
In most cases it takes from 5 to 20 to process a visa application. Please, keep in mind that any these time estimates may change drastically, depending on your chosen visa time and various special cases, e.g. when the visa issuing authority must ask for additional documents.
The photo you submit with the application documents must meet certain criteria:
- taken no more than 1 month prior to submission
- 3,5 cm х 4,5 cm in size
- taken in color
- has a light background
- facing forward
- facial features clearly visible (i.e. nothing covers the face)
- no tinted eyeglasses or decorational headwear
- neutral facial expression
- unifrom lighting
- no ink or other marks
- no editing
United Kingdom's visa and Schengen area
You cannot use Schengen visa to enter United Kingdom so you would need a local visa to cross the border. United Kingdom's visa cannot be used to enter the Schengen area, it is not considered a valid entrance documents in this case.
Immigration to EU
If you wish to immigrate to United Kingdom or a EU country in general, you will most likely need a visa to enter the country for preliminary arrangements before you can actually receive a residence permit. Contact us to see which visa you would need, as well as check out our EU residency solutions.