Embassy of the Principality of the Liechtenstein in the Kingdom of Austria
The Principality of Liechtenstein embassy in Austria is located in the center of Vienna. The Embassy's working hours are from 09.00 to 12.00 and 14.00 - 17.00 by local time.
Address of the embassy
Tel.: (+43) 1 - 535 92 11
Fax: (+43) 1 - 535 92 114
The official website:
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary posted to Austria at the Japan embassy is Her Excellency (H.E.) Mrs. Maria-Pia Kothbauer
During his career Mrs. Maria-Pia Kothbauer has served in a lot of capacities, among them:
- Ambassador of the Principality of Liechtenstein in the Czech Republic, based in Vienna;
- Permanent Representative of the Principality of Liechtenstein to the United Nations in Vienna;
- Ambassador of the Principality of Liechtenstein in the Republic of Austria;
- Head of the Delegation of the Principality of Liechtenstein to the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) in Vienna;
- Liechtenstein representative in Brussels Ambassador to the European Union and to the Belgian crown;
- First secretary at the Embassy of the Principality of Liechtenstein in Austria Member of the delegation of the Principality of Liechtenstein at the Conference on Security and Co-operation in Europe (CSCE);
- Member of the delegation of the Principality of Liechtenstein at the Conference on Security and Co-operation in Europe (CSCE)
Pictures of the embassy
About the embassy
Liechtenstein and Austria entertain historically close and friendly relations based on the political, geographic, cultural, social and economic proximity of the two countries. A lot of agreements and bilateral treaties underpin these relations in diverse areas such as culture, education, security, justice, economy and social matters. Cooperation in tax matters between Liechtenstein and Austria has been comprehensively revised in 2014 in accordance with international standards.
The Principality of Liechtenstein opened in Vienna a residency Embassy in 1998. In addition to fostering the bilateral relations between the countries, the Embassy of Vienna is responsible for consular services for Liechtenstein citizens in Austria.
In all the sectors of politics there is regular and intensive exchange at the level of Government and administration as well as between the Heads of States.