Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany in the Republic of France
The Federal Republic of Germany embassy in France is located in the center of Paris. The Embassy's working hours are from 8.00 to 18.00 by local time.
Address of the embassy
Tel.: (+33) 1 53 83 45 00
Fax: (+33) 1 53 83 45 02
The official website:
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary posted to France at the Federal Republic of Germany embassy is His Excellency (H.E.) Dr. Nikolaus Meyer-Landrut
During his career Dr. Nikolaus Meyer-Landrut has served in a lot of capacities, among them:
- Since 2015 Embassy Paris;
- 2011 - 2015 - Federal Chancellery, head of department;
- 2006 - 2011 - Federal Chancellery, sub-department head;
- 2003 - 2006 - Federal Foreign Office, Head of Unit;
- 2002 - 2003 - International Organizations Brussels, Head of the Press Office of the EU Constitutional Convention;
- 1999 - 2002 - Permanent Representation to the EU Brussels;
- 1995 - 1999 - Ministry of Foreign Affair;
- 1993 - 1995 - Permanent Representation to the EU Brussels;
- 1990 - 1993 - German delegation in the negotiations on conventional armed forces in Europe in Vienna;
- 1989 - 1990 - Ministry of Foreign Affair;
- 1987 - 1989 - Preparatory service for the higher foreign service
Pictures of the embassy
About the embassy
The embassy of Germany in Paris is a German Information Centre to promote Germany language and culture in affiliation with the German Embassy visa department in Paris and gain support for German politics.
As well as promoting German policies and the German culture, a very important task is to bring German technologies under attention of technology centres abroad.
The German Information Centres are designed soly to support the work of the embassies abroad, just as the Goethe institute which promotes German language and culture through their information and education program's.