Embassy of the Republic of Azerbaijan in the Kingdom of Spain
The Republic of Azerbaijan embassy in Spain is located in the center of Madrid. The Embassy's working hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 10.00 - 13.00 by local time.
Address of the embassy
Tel.: (+34) 91 759 60 10
Fax: (+34) 91 759 70 56
The official website:
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary posted to Spain at the Republic of Azerbaijan embassy is His Excellency (H.E.) Mr. Anar Abel oglu Maharramov
During her career Mr. Anar Abel oglu Maharramov has served in various capacities, among them:
- From November 2016 - Permanent Representative of the Republic of Azerbaijan to the World Tourism Organization;
- From April 2016 - Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Republic of Azerbaijan to the Kingdom of Spain
- 2013-2016 - Head of Department, Second European Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan
- 2010-2013 - Deputy Head of Department, Law and Contracts Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan
- 2006-2010 - Second Secretary, First Secretary, Consultant, Embassy of the Republic of Azerbaijan to the Kingdom of Spain
- 2000-2006 - Referent, Attaché, Third Secretary, Second Secretary, International Law and Contracts Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan
- 2013 - Doctor of Law
Pictures of the embassy
About the embassy
The Embassy of the Republic of Azerbaijan to the Kingdom of Spain was established in 2005. The Embassy of the Kingdom of Spain in Turkey has been opened in Baku since 2014 in order to further develop diplomatic relations between the two countries. During these years, strong ties have been established between our countries. The official visits carried out annually give an impetus to the expansion of ties in all spheres between our two countries.
Our joint cooperation within the framework of International Organizations is growing and strengthening. Both countries are committed to peace and are a strong partner in the fight against international terrorism. Armenia Referring to the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, Armenia recognizes the territorial integrity of the Republic, based on the international norms and principles of international law. Both countries hold International forums on peacekeeping: There are Multicultural Offices in Azerbaijan as well as in Spain.