Embassy of the Republic of Chile in the Kingdom of Spain
The Republic of Chile embassy in Spain is located in the center of Madrid. The Embassy's working hours are from 9.00 to 18.00 by local time.
Address of the embassy
Tel.: (+34) (91) 431 9160
Fax: (+34) (91) 577 5560
The official website:
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary posted to Spain at the Republic of Chile embassy is His Excellency (H.E.) Mr. Jorge Tagle Canelo
Pictures of the embassy
About the embassy
The Embassy of Chile before the Kingdom of Spain and Concurrent before the Principality of Andorra, is the unit dependent on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, responsible for carrying out the policies set by the Supreme Government in its relationship with these countries.
In this context, the work of the Embassy is inserted within the general objectives of the national foreign policy of increasing the real and potential capacity of the State to promote its interests abroad. For these purposes, it meets the following objectives:
- Represent the State of Chile before the Kingdom of Spain and the Principality of Andorra.
- Protect the interests of the Chilean State before the Kingdom of Spain and the Principality of Andorra, in accordance with the rules contained in the International Law applicable to the matter.
- Negotiate, in accordance with the instructions issued by the Supreme Government, with the authorities of the Kingdom of Spain and the Principality of Andorra, all those matters that contribute to the achievement of the objectives set in relation to those countries.
- Inform about the Spanish and Andorran reality, in political, economic, cultural and scientific aspects, among others.
- Develop political, economic, cultural, scientific, defense and all kinds of bilateral relations, seeking to intensify the traditional bonds of friendship between both nations.
- To spread the Chilean culture in Spain and in the Principality of Andorra, through the sponsorship of cultural and academic projects.
- Promote educational, academic and scientific exchanges with Spain and the Principality of Andorra.
- Promote and support the visits of authorities, experts and relevant personalities to diversify and deepen the bilateral relationship with Spain and the Principality of Andorra.
- Support the link in defense and security issues, with the participation of the Armed Forces and Carabineros Attachés.