Embassy of the New Zealand in the Kingdom of Spain
The New Zealand embassy in Spain is located in the center of Madrid. The Embassy's working hours are from 8.30 - 13.00 and 13.30 - 16.30 by local time.
Address of the embassy
Tel.: (+34) 915 230 226
Fax: (+34) 915 230 171
The official website:
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary posted to Spain at the New Zealand embassy is His Excellency (H.E.) Mr. Nigel Fyfe
On 15 August 2018 Nigel Fyfe was appointed New Zealand Ambassador to Spain.
Nigel is a career diplomat. Previously he has served appointments include postings to New Zealand missions in Santiago as Ambassador, Brussels and New York and Director roles in both the Trade Negotiations Division and Legal Division.
Prior to taking up his appointment in Madrid, Nigel was Deputy Secretary – Lead Negotiator in the Office of Treaty Settlements at the Ministry of Justice. Nigel was responsible for leading the Crown’s engagement with Ngapuhi towards a settlement under the Treaty of Waitangi.
Pictures of the embassy
About the embassy
Assistance for New Zealanders abroad, If you’re a New Zealand citizen, staff at New Zealand embassies can help you in some ways if you get into difficulties overseas.
Consular staff at Embassies can:
- help with the re lost or stolen passports if you need to travel urgently;
- provide you to contact with family or friends to request emergency funds;
- support on local medical facilities, help contact your family and or insurance provider if you are ill or injured;
- help with arrangements following a death overseas;
- In specific cases provide notarial assistance such as witnessing affidavits, statutory declarations and other documents for use under New Zealand Law;
- help New Zealanders who may have been affected by a major overseas crises, such as civil unrest and natural disasters.