Embassy of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan in the Kingdom of Spain
The Islamic Republic of Pakistan embassy in Spain is located in the center of Madrid. The Embassy's working hours are from 9.00 to 15.30 by local time.
Address of the embassy
Tel.: (+34) 91 345 89 95
Fax: (+34) 91 345 81 58
The official website:
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary posted to Spain at the Islamic Republic of Pakistan is His Excellency (H.E.) Mr. Rafat Mahdi
Ambassador of Pakistan to Spain (June 2014 to date). Joined Foreign Service of Pakistan in 1968.
During his career Mr. Rafat Mahdi has served in a lot of capacities, among them:
- Member Faculty, Milano School of International Affairs, the New School University, New York (2009-2014);
- Served at the United Nations on deputation as Senior Adviser, UNDP (2001-2008);
- Served as Additional Secretary in the Foreign Ministry (1995-1998);
- Served at the Headquarters as Director Western Europe (1976-79), Director General (Americas) (1985-86) and Chef de Cabinet of the Foreign Minister (1986-1990);
- High Commissioner of Pakistan to Canada (1998-2000);
- Ambassador to the European Union & Belgium (1992-95);
- Served as High Commissioner of Pakistan to Zimbabwe (1990-92)
Pictures of the embassy
About the embassy
PAKISTAN emerged as an independent country on 14 August 1947, but it has a history of over five thousand years. The land of Pakistan has been a cradle of ancient civilizations.