Embassy of the Arab Republic of Egypt in the Czech Republic
The Arab Republic of Egypt embassy in Czech Republic is located in the center of Prague. The Embassy's working hours are from 8.30 to 15.30 by local time.
Address of the embassy
Tel.: (+420) 224 311 506
(+420) 224 311 507
Fax: (+420) 224 311 157
The official website (a page on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic):
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary posted to Czechia at the Arab Republic of Egypt embassy is His Excellency (H.E.) Mr. Salaheldin Abderrahman
During his career Mr. Salaheldin Abderrahman has served in various capacities, among them:
- Since October 2014: Assistant Foreign Minister for Middle Eastern and Arab Affairs;
- March 2010-November 2013: Ambassador of the Arab Republic of Egypt to Turkey;
- September 2008 - March 2010: Assistant Foreign Minister for Arab Affairs;
- September 2004 - 2008: Consul General of Egypt, San Francisco;
- August 2002 - 2004: Deputy Assistant Minister of Foreign Affairs for North America, Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
- 1998-2002: Minister Plenipotentiary for Political and Congressional Affairs, Embassy of Egypt, Washington, D.C.;
- 1996 - 1998: Director, UN Affairs, Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
- 1986-1991: First Secretary, Embassy of Egypt, Washington, D.C.
Pictures of the embassy
About the embassy
Egyptian Embassy in Prague runs an inclusive range of consular services to local, Egyptian, and international citizens in Czech-republic.
The Egyptian Embassy in Prague can help Czech citizens through its consular services, if they:
- Need basic or specific information about Egyptian economy, culture, sports, education and more
- Need info about requirements and process of getting Egyptian Citizenship
- Specific contacts and information in Egypt
- Want to apply and obtain Egyptian Visa.
The embassy of Egypt in Prague is the only Egyptian diplomatic mission in Czech-republic.
Egypt and the Czech Republic have enjoyed a history of close relations over many decades Since the 1920s, the relations between Egypt and the Czechoslovak were developing in a dynamic way. The Czechoslovak Consulate in Alexandria was opened in 1920 - only two years after the establishment of the independent Czechoslovak Republic and two years after Egypt received political independence on January 28, 1922, when the Egyptian Kingdom was proclaimed. Egypt was among the first countries to recognize the Czech Republic in 1922. Nowadays, the Czech Republic and Egypt are engaged in the friendly relationship encompassing a wide range of cooperation, including the political, economic and cultural spheres. I am honored to promote further cooperation between Egypt and the Czech Republic and to serve for the mutual benefit of the two people.