Embassy of the Hellenic Republic in the Czech Republic
The Hellenic Republic embassy in Czech Republic is located in the center of Prague. The Embassy's working hours are from 9.00 to 13.00 by local time.
Address of the embassy
Tel.: (+420) 22 225 0943
Fax: (+420) 22 225 3686
The official website:
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary posted to Chechia at the Hellenic Republic embassy is His Excellency (H.E.) Mr. Efthymios Efthymiades
During his career Mr. Efthymios Efthymiades has served in various capacities, among them:
- since 2016 Ambassador of Greece in the Czech Republic
- 2014 - 2016 Director, C1 Dept. for EU External Relations
- 2014 romoted to Minister Plenipotentiary 2nd class
- 2013 - 2014 Director, B4 Dept. for Bilateral Economic Relations with North American, EU & EEA countries, Switzerland, Japan, Australia and New Zealand
- 2013 - 2013 Director, Office of the Secretary-General for International Economic Relations
- 2012 - 2013 D2 Dept. for NATO (responsible for NATO operations and missions)
- 2011 - 2012 A3 Dept for Bilateral Relations with SE European Countries (responsible for bilateral relations with the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia)Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Athens
- 2008 - 2011 Dean of the Consular Corps of Toronto
Pictures of the embassy
About the embassy
The Greek Embassy in Prague represents Greece in Czech Republic, and protects and implements the interests of Greece, its citizens and legal entities in Czech Republic. It also helps to develop friendly relations and further co-operation between Greece and Czech Republic.
The embassy of Greece provides all co-nationals protection against the violation of their fundamental rights and the limitation or privation of their personal freedom. They also ensure emergency assistance; help in locating family members, inheritance procedures initiated abroad and for the repatriation of mortal remains. The consular services include:
- Driving License;
- Family and legal matters;
- Legislation, etc.