Embassy of the China in the Republic of Latvia
The China embassy in Riga is located in the city center. The Embassy's working hours are from 10:00 to 12:00 by local time. National Day is the 1st October.
Address of the embassy
The China embassy in Latvia is located at Ganibu dambis 5 in Riga. The Embassy's postal code is LV 1045 .
Tel.: +371 673 570 23
Fax: +371 673 570 25
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary posted to Latvia at the China embassy is His Excellency (H.E.) Mr. HUANG Yong.
During her career Mr. HUANG Yong Avallone has served in various capacities, among them:
- Since 2015 - Ambassador Extraordinary & Plenipotentiary of the People's Republic of China to the Republic of Latvia;
- 2014-2015 Ambassador of MFA;
- 2011-2014 Ambassador Extraordinary & Plenipotentiary of the People's Republic of China to the Republic of Fiji;
- 2007-2011 Deputy Director General, Office of General Affairs, MFA;
- 2004-2007 Minister Counsellor, Embassy of China in Singapore;
- 2001-2004 Counsellor, Embassy of China in Brunei;
- 1997-2001 Second Secretary, First Secretary, Office of General Affairs, MFA;
- 1994-1997 Second Secretary, Department of Asian Affairs, MFA;
- 1992-1994 Third Secretary, Second Secretary, Embassy of China in Singapore;
- 1989-1992 Attaché, Third Secretary, Embassy of China in Japan;
- 1987-1989 Attaché, Department of Asian Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China
Pictures of the embassy
About the embassy
The embassy of China in Latvia is ready to work with friends from all aspects to provide the further development of China-Latvia partnership based on equality, mutual benefit and win-win cooperation.
The diplomatic ties establishmed in 1991, the China-Latvia relations have been growing steadily, with cooperation and exchanges in the fields of political affairs, economy, trade, culture, education, public health and sports etc. all the time deepened, presenting an encouraging prospect of development on all areas and at various levels.