Embassy of the Slovak in the Republic of Latvia
The Slovak embassy in Riga is located in the city center. The Embassy's working hours are from 8:30 to 19:00 by local time. National Day is the 1st september.
Address of the embassy
The Slovak embassy in Latvia is located at Smilu street 8 in Riga. The Embassy's postal code is LV 1050.
Tel.: +371 678 142 80
Fax: +371 678 142 90
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary posted to Latvia at the Slovak embassy is His Excellency (H.E.) Mr. Ladislav Babchan.
During her career Mr. Ladislav Babchan has served in various capacities, among them:
- Since September 2018, the Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Slovak Republic to Latvia and the Republic of Lithuania in Riga;
- 2017 - 2018 Director of the Office of the Minister, Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic;
- 2016 - 2017 Deputy Director of the Office of the Minister and the writer of speeches and speeches of the Minister, Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic;
- 2014 - 2016 Employee of the Minister's office, author of documents, later author of speeches and speeches by the minister Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic;
- 2014 - 2014 Deputy Director of the 1st Territorial Division (Western and Southern Europe) Ministries of Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic;
- 2010 - 2014 Deputy Ambassador and Consul Embassy of the Slovak Republic in Riga with coverage of the Latvian, Lithuanian and Estonian Republic;
- 2008 - 2010 Deputy Director of the Office of the Secretary of State, Deputy Minister, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Slovak Republic;
- 2007 - 2008 Employee, subsequently Deputy Director of the 5th Territorial Division (America) of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Slovak Republic;
- 2003 - 2007 Deputy Ambassador of the Slovak Embassy in Ottawa, Canada;
- 2001 - 2003 Employee of the 1st Territorial Department (United Kingdom, Ireland) of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Slovak Republic;
Pictures of the embassy
About the embassy
The mission of the Embassy of the Slovak Republic in Riga is the comprehensive development of cooperation between Slovakia and the Baltic countries, Latvia and Lithuania. Priority areas are the development of political, economic or cultural spheres, as well as the development of personal contacts and relations between citizens. Since the Slovak Republic, like Latvia and Lithuania, are members of NATO, the EU and the euro area are convinced that there is a natural potential for strengthening and uniting our dynamically developing companies.
One of the main functions of the embassy is to serve citizens - consular protection and assistance to Slovak citizens in Latvia and Lithuania. Therefore, we believe that Slovak citizens who need or have intractable problems will contact us with confidence at any time.