Embassy of the United Kingdom in the Republic of Latvia
The United Kingdom embassy in Riga is located in the city center. The Embassy's working hours are from Monday to Thursday, 8:30am to 5:00pm (lunch 1pm to 2 pm),Friday, 8:30am to 1:30pm by local time. National Day is the 15 June (2010) / 31 May (2011).
Address of the embassy
The Sweden embassy in Latvia is located at A. J. Alunana iela 5 in Riga. The Embassy's postal code is LV 1010.
Tel.: +371 677 747 00
Fax: +371 677 747 07
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary posted to Latvia at the United Kingdom embassy is His Excellency (H.E.) Mr. Keith Shannon.
During her career Mr. Keith Shannon has served in various capacities, among them:
- 1991 - 1994 - Third Secretary at the British Embassy Maputo ;
- 1989 - 1990 - Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) in London as an Assistant Desk Officer in European Community Department (Internal) ;
- 1990 - 1991 - Desk Officer in Latin America Department;
- 1995 - 1999 - British Embassy Paris as Second Secretary (Technology);
- 1999 - 2002 - First Secretary and worked as a Head of Section in Drugs and International Crime Department;
- 2002 - 2003 - Head of Section in Financial Planning and Performance Department;
- 2004 - 2008 - Deputy Head of Mission and Her Majesty’s Consul;
- 2009 - 2013 - Ambassador to Moldova from;
- Deputy Director of Eastern Europe and Central Asia Directorate at the FCO;
Mr. Shannon joined the Diplomatic Service in 1988.
Pictures of the embassy
About the embassy
The embassy represents Her Majesty The Queen and the UK government in the country to which they are appointed. It responsible for the direction and work including political work, trade and investment, press and cultural relations, and visa and consular services.